Each Month We Ask a Neighbor 10 Questions
This month meet Flower Grosskopf!
Every Monday night at 7p you will find Flower Grosskopf teaching HPIC's Vinyasa Flow Yoga Class.
1. How long have you lived in Highland Park?
2. What's your dream job? and what's your "real" job?
I am living the dream! I create and make all natural aromatherapy beeswax candles. This has led me to pursue other styles of handmade craft, including natural soap making perfumery and pottery. Look for an exciting new adventure soon! (check out Big Dipper Wax Works to see her amazing stuff!)
3. What are 3 things you can't live without?
Well that is a deep question and as the resident yoga teacher at HPIC let me lay down some truths. I am not my garden, my money, my car, my career or my family. Those things can slide away at any given moment and then where are you? What do you have? So, I will embrace the ever changing aspect of life and say water, breath and food (preferably tacos AND pizza or taco pizza).
4. What would you bring to a potluck?
Most recently homegrown roasted carrots in rose water. I will forever kiss the person with enough patience who made the deviled eggs.
5. What are 5 words your best HUMAN friend OR your best dog/cat/hamster/bird/PET friend might use to describe you?
Energetic, creative, kind, loving and willing
6. What’s the last book you read?
I would love to tell you it was some intense spiritual book but honestly I just finished the epic fantasy series, The Wheel of Time.
7. What are you currently (binge) watching on Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, or Cable?
People constantly ask me how I get so much done. I don't watch TV. No judgements!
8. What's your favorite event or program at the Highland Park Improvement Club and why?
I love the variety of events at the club but the New Years Eve party is my favorite way to ring in the new year. And its within walking distance!
9. When you are not at Highland Park Improvement Club, what other community spots do you like to go to?
I love the Greenbelt! I have done a lot of foraging for medicinal and edible plants. It is a great place to walk and relax!
10. If there was one thing you wanted people to know about Highland Park Improvement Club, what would it be?
Highland Park is a diverse neighborhood in what is quickly becoming a pretty homogenized landscape. The Improvement Club offers a place for everyone to come together without judgement or bigotry and do what we do best, be a supportive community. I have learned so much about myself by being a part of this vast and dynamic neighborhood. Thanks for the inspiration and opportunity to keep learning, contributing and growing!
Do you like this post?